12 December 2014

Christmas at the CCG!

8th December - 12th December 2014

This week I have been learning about the recruitment process in the NHS. The vacancy for the new placement student to fill my role next year is now being advertised on the NHS jobs website and is on several University placement websites. A number of my tasks over the past week have been liaising with the placement teams at the selected Universities and the HR department (which is based outside of the CCG) to finalise the job description and person specification.

At the CCG, we are in the process of recruiting staff to fill a couple of roles and I have been given the opportunity to be on the panel when interviews take place next week. I have been going through several applications to shortlist candidates for interview, which has been really interesting to see what determines a suitable candidate. This experience has taught me to make sure that my CV and cover letter stand out when applying for jobs in the future, I now have a much better understanding of what makes a good job application!

I have been amending the contracts of local providers by adding national and local requirements and attaching documents needed for each healthcare provider. In addition, to also meeting with the psychiatric liasion team at the hospital to discuss how to commission and implement services for mothers in the local area who experience mental health problems.

It is officially the run up to Christmas and on Tuesday we had an early Christmas celebration! It was the final of the Great CCG Bake Off! Where contestants were asked to bake a Christmas showstopper incorporating the theme of the countdown to Christmas! I baked a chocolate yule log with twelve mini cakes, decorated with seasonal holly! We also enjoyed a Christmas buffet and exchanged our Secret Santa gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment