10 April 2015

Working towards a Prince2 Accreditation!

6th April – 10th April 2015

After a relaxing Easter weekend, it was back to working on Contracts, Quality Schedules and coding invoices!

Aside from my daily tasks, whilst on Placement, I have been given the opportunity to gain a qualification in Prince2 (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) which is a professionally recognised Project Management methodology. I will complete online training seminars and revision sessions, before taking a final exam in the Summer, in order to gain a qualification in the Prince2 Foundation course! This week, I have started to work my way through the online training sessions and I am already beginning to see what a beneifcial methodology Prince2 is when delivering a project. Gaining a qualification in the Prince2 Foundation course will also be extremely beneficial when delivering projects as part of assignments when I return to University.

Prince2 is a specific process-driven Project Management methodology, which describes the seven processes, themes and principles of a project. It allows course members to understand the different elements of a project; the roles and responsibilities of the members involved and allows you to gain an understanding of the consistent approach used to successfully deliver a project.

After I have achieved the qualification in Prince2 Foundation, I can then continue with the course and undertake the training to gain a Prince2 Practitioner level of qualification, which is something I will definitely do after I have finished my Degree!

Gaining a Prince2 Foundation accrediation is an example of the great training opportunities that are available whilst working for the NHS. I have previously had the opportunity to complete training sessions and gain certificates in Healthcare Finance, all of which will be extremely useful in the next couple of years when applying for graduate positions!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this seems like a great opportunity for you to improve upon your current skillsets, and gain new ones along the way. Taking on these kind of endeavors must be a great privilege, so it would be best to make the most of it. Anyway, I hope things are doing well with the accreditation. Thanks for sharing!


    Kent Gregory @ Armature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kent, thank you for your comment! Yes it is a great opportunity, I'm very grateful that I have been given the opportunity to develop new skills and knowledge, whilst gaining practical experience of working full-time!

      Delete