10 July 2015

Experience in HR!

6th July – 10th July 2015

We have been recruiting for a Quality & Performance Analyst at CCG and I was given the opportunity to gain some more experience in the recruitment field of business! I have been involved in the shortlisting of applications and I was lucky enough to sit on the panel when we interviewed candidates on Monday. It was great to gain some practical HR (Human Resource) experience because I have chosen to study Strategic Human Resource Management when I return to university in September, so I am trying to get as much exposure to the recruitment process in the NHS as possible. It was also really interesting to gain more of an idea of what recruiters are looking for and identify what I must include on my CV when applying for graduate positions. I have learnt just how important work experience is, along with a degree and good qualifications. Work experience is extremely important when recruiting and I am sure my twelve month placement at the CCG will be of benefit when applying for graduate positions in the future.

I have also attended numerous meetings and events this week. An interesting event in particular, was held at the Town Hall on Wednesday, which invited all GPs and Practice Managers to discuss the new Contract that will be used in Primary Care. Although, I have been working on Contracts for Secondary Care Providers, such as CWP (Cheshire & Wirral Partnership) I was made aware that the structure of Primary Care Contracts are slightly different, which is something I am interested in finding a bit more about before I finish my placement.

Finally, to round off the week nicely, I was given the opportunity to present the new Quality & Performance section on the CCG’s website to members of the Clinical Quality & Performance Committee, where I gave members an update on the progress of the new section and the elements that are included. It also was great to hear members’ thoughts, in terms of what may need to be added to the new section.
You can visit our new page by clicking on the following link; https://www.easterncheshireccg.nhs.uk/Our-Performance/

No comments:

Post a Comment