21 July 2015

Writing for the local newspapers!

13th July - 17th July 2015

While I only have an about five weeks remaining on placement, I was really keen to gain some experience with the Communications and Public Engagement Team before I leave the CCG. I worked relatively closey with the Team last week and attended various meetings. One meeting in particular, was regarding posters and leaflets which will be produced to to promote the CCG’s HealthVoice group, which meets every two months and provides a public view on the healthcare services in Eastern Cheshire.

The Team also asked me to write an article focusing on the subject of staying safe abroad, which will be published as part of the weekly ‘Health Matters’ column in the local newspapers. Writing the article was a great experience as I gained new knowledge about the importance of staying safe abroad, but it also challenged me to utilise my A-Level English skills and write an informative piece for a large audience; hopefully my English Teacher would be proud! You can view the article online by clicking here.
I was keen to gain experience in Communications and Public Engagement while still at the CCG, as I will be studying a marketing module when I return to University for my final year, so being exposed to how the Team communicates with the public and produces marketing material to promote the organisation has been really interesting to be involved in.

This week, I have also been teaching a few different people how to set up and use a blog! A Community Matron from Bollington asked if I would help set up her blogging profile, in order for her to document to colleagues the progression of integrated care in Eastern Cheshire. I also helped our new placement student; Amy (Transformation Programme Support Officer) set up a blog and provided her with my top tips when producing a blog! Although I am no blog expert, it was great to provide knowledge and support to colleagues wishing to enter the blogging world!

No comments:

Post a Comment