10 August 2015

Welcoming our new student and Evaluating our Trust's performance!

3rd August - 7th August 2015

After a very relaxing holiday in Spain, I returned to my final few weeks on placement! On Monday, our new student; Katie started her twelve month placement at the CCG. Katie will be replacing me when I leave and will perform the role of a 'Commissioning & Quality Officer'. Over the past week, my main duties have been to ensure Katie settles into her new work environment and to make sure she is aware of the crucial role a CCG plays within the local health economy. We have been going through work which I have been involved in over the past twelve months on placement and I have tried to provide her with advice about working at a CCG as a student. Hopefully I have provided her with the right support during her first week!

As well as welcoming Katie into the CCG, we have also been evaluating evidence for the quarter 1 CQUIN (Commissioning for Quality & Innovation) milestones from ECT (East Cheshire Trust). Myself and Katie have been going through each piece of evidence in detail to determine if the Trust has achieved each agreed milestone. This was an interesting task for me, as I assisted with the initial implementation of the CQUINs and I have now gained experience of monitoring the performance of the Trust. Katie and I then compared notes with our Manager; Andrew to mutually agree whether or not we felt the milestones had been achieved. If the evidence the Trust has provided is not sufficient, we contact the lead of each CQUIN to ask for further evidence and information to be submitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment