3 October 2014

A 'Blue' Communicator...

29th September - 3rd October 2014

This week I have been working in the CCG’s finance department. On Monday morning I was rather nervous about what tasks I would be given from the financial managers, having only had a small amount of financial experience over the years of studying Business. It is safe to say that finance is probably my weakest area within the business field!

That being said, I was pleasantly surprised that I managed to follow the instructions given to code the invoices and cross-check the invoices to see if there were any outstanding payments. Sammy, one of the finance managers was extremely helpful with guiding me through what I needed to do and much to my surprise, I have enjoyed the financial tasks that I was given!

In addition to working with the finance team, I have also continued working on a variety of projects that have been ongoing since my first few weeks at the CCG. As mentioned earlier in my blog, I have been producing a Business Case for a new mobile phone application to be used within the health and social care sector, which I am pleased to say is nearing completion.

All new starters at the CCG are asked to take a quick test to determine their communicating style and personality traits. The results from my test showed that I was a ‘Blue’ communicator, reflecting my organised and efficient nature within the work environment. The ‘Blue’ characteristics were closely followed by traits of a ‘Yellow’ Communicator, suggesting that I am a friendly and sociable person! If I have learnt anything from the test, it would be to be more of a 'Red' type of person; 'Reds' love a challenge and have a fiery type of personality!

No comments:

Post a Comment