2 October 2014

Settling into my new work environment

8th September - 12th September 2014

After a very busy and interesting first week at the Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioing Group (CCG), my second week came around extremely quickly!

As a member of the CCG’s governing body, Sally Rogers was looking to develop a new mobile phone application which would provide important information for health and social care professionals working to the Mental Capacity Act. Consequently, I was asked to look at the viability of such an app and see if something comparable already existed.I am particularly enjoying becoming involved with the mobile application development and I am currently producing a business case which will explain the main components of the app.

Other activities included attending an interesting presentation from a doctor about the benefits of a new piece of software called 'Telemedicine’, allowing GPs and consultants to meet with patients via a video call. This was particularly interesting as I was able to gain more of an insight and understanding into the medical side of the organisation.

I have also read several documents to help my understanding of the very complex structure of the NHS.

No comments:

Post a Comment