17 October 2014

My Fifteen Minutes of Fame!

13th October - 17th October

As mentioned in my previous blog posts, I am working three days a week with the finance team at the CCG. This week I have continued to code new invoices that appear on the system each day. I have also been matching the coded invoices to patients' care packages for individuals who have long-term conditions and therefore require continuing healthcare (CHC), using a piece of software known as 'Broadcare', to ensure the invoices are paid. It has been a very worthwhile experience to understand the process from the initial receiving of an invoice from a supplier to then coding the new invoices that appear on the Oracle system and finally ensuring that the providers are paid on time.

In addition to working with the finance team, I have attended a number of meetings this week, for example; I attended a meeting about the quality of the healthcare services in the local area, met with the district nurse and attended the 'Proactive Care Steering Group' meeting; which aims to encourage patients to take a proactive approach to manage their long-term condition. I will be working with the Proactive Care – Caring Together team here at the CCG, to procure a risk stratification tool which will identify high risk patients who require continuing healthcare. This week I have been gaining more of an understanding of the type of work which I will be required to do.

On Thursday, I attended the ‘Local Safeguarding Adults Board’ (LSAB) sub group to present my idea of a new mobile phone application based on the safeguarding of adults to be used by health and social care staff.

This week I have enjoyed my fifteen minutes of fame by appearing in the ‘Congleton Chronicle'! which is one of the local newspapers within the Cheshire East area. The published article talks about the placement opportunity that I've been given and lists a number of the projects which I have been involved in over the past few weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment