2 October 2014

Gaining a certificate from the HFMA

15th September - 19th September 2014

At the beginning of the week, I met quality analysts; Anita and Andy who talked me through the dashboards and databases which they produce to understand the quality and performance of a healthcare service.

On thursday I attended the 'Proactive Care Steering Group' meeting, along with GPs, pharmacists and occupational therapists, where it was discussed about the implementation of a Patient Passport, which aims to intergrate care for the high risk patients within the local area, as part of the Caring Together programme. The passport will provide guidance to health visitors about a patient’s medical and care requirements, including a care plan for each individual.

Whilst on my twelve month placement at the CCG, I have been given the opportunity to achieve a qualification from the Healthcare of Financial Management Association by completing a number of modules relating to the NHS and the finance behind it all. I will be choosing five modules, which will involve completing assessments throughout the year ahead. The certificate will be extremely beneficial for my academic studies and will also look good on my CV!

At the end of my third week on placement, I attended a Health Voice meeting where members of the public are invited to discuss their views about healthcare services. I expected the meeting to be rather heated but was pleasantly surprised that the attendees were mostly in agreement.

Overall, I felt my third week at the CCG went well and I am beginning to pick up some of the medical jargon and acronyms which every member of staff uses!

No comments:

Post a Comment